In 2008, Drs Scott Monte, Frank Bright, and Jerome Schentag noted that the mechanism of diabetes reversal by Bariatric Surgery, (specifically Roux-en-Y surgery, also called RYGB) was gastric bypass-mediated food stimulation of the distal intestine, the cause of a postprandial increase in GLP-1 and PYY. These biomarkers were associated with decrease in insulin resistance and lack of hunger, in a manner similar to the surgery itself. We filed that patent in 2009, calling the phenomenon the “supply side” decrease of glucose as a means of lowering the body’s demand for insulin. Subsequently, it became clear that the ileal delivery of glucose in the form of coated pills, could modify the course of insulin resistance, even after a single dose as low as 10gm. Working with another inventor, Joseph Fayad, we together patented the action of ileal targeted oral glucose on Type 2 diabetes and subsequently on NASH. These subsequent patents were all filed between 2011 and 2013. Issued patents are listed, with links to download.
- Monte SV, Bright FV, Schentag JJ. Patent: Method and System to Provide Personalized Pharmaceutical Compositions and Dosages. US Provisional application 61/254,373 Filed October 23rd, 2009.Application number 12/911,497(Published on April 28, 2011 as US2011-0097807A1):Status: Issued as US 8,367,418 B2 on February 5, 2013.
2. Schentag JJ, Fayad JM, Monte SV. Patent: Method and System to Provide Personalized Pharmaceutical Compositions and Dosages. US Provisional Application US 61/254,373 filed on Oct 23rd, 2009;.Application number US 13/754,855 filed Jan 30th, 2013(Published as US 2014/0037739 on Feb 6, 2014):Status: Issued as
US 8,999,721 B2 on April 7, 2015.
3. Schentag JJ, Fayad JM, Monte SV. Patent: Method and System to Provide Personalized Pharmaceutical Compositions and Dosages. Continuation in part of Application US 13/754,855 filed on January 13, 2013.Application number US 14/677,044; Provisional Application no. 62/254,373 filed on August 19, 2014:Status: Issued as
US 9,443,060 on September 13th, 2016.
4. Schentag JJ, Fayad JM. Patent: Compositions, Methods of Treatment and Diagnostics for Treatment of Hepatic Steatosis alone, or in combination with a Hepatitis C virus infection. Provisional Application US 61/480,788 filed on April 29, 2011; .Application number US 12/932,633 filed on March 2, 2011; Application number PCT/US12/26561 filed on February 24th, 2012(Published as WO 2012-118712 on September 7, 2012 and PCT/US 2012_026561; published as US2013-0337055 A1 on December 19, 2013):Status: Issued as US 9,370,528 on June 21, 2016.
5. Fayad JM, Schentag JJ. Patent: Compositions, Methods of Treatment and Diagnostics for Treatment of Hepatic Steatosis alone and in Combination with a Hepatitis C virus infection. Application number 15/162941 filed on May 24th, 2016.Continuation of Application 14/002642, now issued as US 9,370,528, which is a continuation in part of application 12/932,633 filed on March 2, 2011: Status: Issued as US 9,730,951 on August 15, 2017
6. Fayad JM, Schentag, J.J. Patent: Compositions, Methods of Treatment and Diagnostics for Treatment of Hepatic Steatosis Alone or in Combination with a Hepatitis C Virus Infection. Application number 15/624,275 filed on June 15, 2017.Continuation of Application 15/162,941, filed May 24, 2016, which issued on Aug. 15, 2017 as U.S. Pat. No. 9,730,951; continuation of U.S. patent application Ser. No. 14/002,642, filed Aug. 30, 2013, which issued on Jun. 21, 2016 as U.S. Pat. No. 9,370,528; continuation in part of U.S. patent application Ser. No. 12/932,633 filed Mar. 2, 2011, which issued as U.S. Pat. No. 9,757,346. Status: Issued as US 10,245,277 B2 on April 2nd, 2019.
All of these Patents were assigned to Volant Holdings GmbH of Feusisberg, Switzerland in 2015; and in some cases of Inventor Fayad, there was assignment of Patents to New Science Holdings of Las Vegas NV in 2008 and 2009.